Thursday, February 11, 2010

My S.T.O.R.Y.

I recently read "Cure for the Common Life" by Max Lucado for a book club. At first I didn't really get into the book because it seemed like it was geared toward someone who wasn't really satisfied with their job and felt like God wanted them to be doing something else. I didn't really think that the book would apply to me since I feel that I am doing what God created me to do...to be a wife and a mommy! :)

Once I got further into the book I changed my attitude and realized that God could teach me some things and I ended up really liking the book! Part of the book was to find you S.T.O.R.Y. You did this by recalling and documenting experiences in your life when you felt you were "in your sweet spot" or when you felt like you did something you enjoyed or did something well. Once you documented these experiences you went through and identified the following:
S=Strengths
T=Topics
O=Optimal Conditions
R=Relationships
Y=Yes!

From that were able to create your S.T.O.R.Y.

So, without further ado, here is my S.T.O.R.Y.:

The themes in my S.T.O.R.Y. show that God has put me together so that I love to plan events/activities, assign tasks, spend time with people, and teach others. I particularly like to do that with people; specifically children, my daughter, friends, and those in need. I work best in optimal conditions that include situations in which a leader is needed or people need help in some way. And I am at my best when I'm in the role of initiator, leader, mother, teacher, or friend. All these themes of my S.T.O.R.Y. work together so that I can help others feel good or succeed and to see something successfully accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment