Thursday, August 12, 2010

Say When

I'm no writer and definitely no theologian....BUT, sometimes I have these crazy thoughts that I want to share! 

So, the first song on my playlist on my blog is "Say When" by The Fray (quite possibly my favorite band ever).  Anyway, I am not really sure what the song is about but sometimes I think it could be a conversation between God and a man.  Sometimes, I think I have no idea what I am talking about.  Nonetheless, when I hear the song it makes me think about how so many times God is probably looking at me and saying, "Say When Nichole and I'll be there."  I know that at times I feel like He isn't there when I most need Him or I seem to look to everything else besides Him to ease my pains until FINALLY I drag my broken self to Him.  I think that God just wants us to Say When and He is there!  He is never not there when we need Him.  He is just waiting for us to surrender to Him.  What do you think?

"And my own two hands
will comfort you tonight, tonight
Say when
And my own two arms
will carry you tonight, tonight
Say when."
-"Say When" by The Fray

“The LORD waits for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the LORD is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for him to help them” (Isaiah 30:18).

No comments:

Post a Comment