I suffer severely from pregnancy brain. I seriously have issues. I know that "pregnancy brain" is a proven fact...something about the brain actually shrinking during pregnancy or something like that (don't quote me here). So not only is my brain smaller but I am also extremely exhausted and feel on the verge of puking most of the time. Now, I don't say this to complain. I am actually saying this because my "pregnancy brain" along with all of my other first trimester symptoms have brought me to be one very important thing....THANKFUL!
Here is what I am thankful for during this time.
1. First of all I am thankful thankful thankful for my husband! He is so amazing. Last night he cleaned up the whole house, did laundry, paid the bills, etc all without my knowledge or me asking for help. He has many times made meals when my stomach can't handle it. He has shown my affection and care when I am probably least approachable. The Lord really blessed me with this guy!
2. I am very thankful for my mom who has been a huge help as well. She helped me make 15 freezer meals in anticipation of me getting morning sickness. She helps constantly with Haven. She has helped me with other "projects" that I get myself into and don't have the brain power to complete on my own. She's great.
3. I am thankful for my spunky daughter who definitely keeps me on my toes but also has shown me so much grace (in her 2 year old kind of way) and even affection when I haven't felt well and haven't been able to function as her mommy normally would.
4. I am thankful for friends that have helped me out in various ways...sometimes just a reassuring phone call, sometimes helping with Haven, sometimes prayers.
5. Finally I am thankful for the Lord who puts up with me and looks at me no differently no matter what state I'm in, what I look like, how I perform, etc. He extends unending grace to me and is my refuge in this time of my "lame" suffering. How much more did He suffer while on earth and by taking on the sin of the world?
"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18