Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Recipe, A Birthday, and some HULA!

So this post is kind of random in a way but it all does relate!  First of all, I wanted to share a recipe!  I have made this a few times and it always gets great reviews!  This year I made it for my mom's birthday.  Here it is:

Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle
1 pkg brownie mix (prepare to directions)...I also have substituted angel food cake
1 3/4 cups cold milk
2 (3.3 oz) pkgs instant white chocolate pudding mix
4 tsp instant coffee granules
2 Tbsp warm water
2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
3 (1.4 oz) Heath bars, chopped

Bake & cool brownies.  Cut into 1 inch cubes.  Whisk together milk and pudding mix until mixture begins to thicken.  Dissolve coffee granules in water and stir into pudding mixture.  Fold in Cool Whip.  In glass serving bowl, layer 1/3 of brownie cubes, 1/3 pudding mixture, & 1/3 Heath.  Repeat layering 2x.  Chill 30 min before serving.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!

So, you may be asking yourself, "Why is that woman so blessed tan in March?"  Well, that is because she and my dad had just arrived home from celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary in Hawaii!  And, although it was my mom's birthday, they brought us gifts!  Among these gifts was a hula outfit for Haven.  See below....


Sorry that it is sideways...I sometimes forget that you can't turn my camera while taking video.

1 comment:

  1. Haven's hula-ing looks very similar to some moves I've done for cheerleading... :) Haha she is so funny!

    ReplyDelete