Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Haven Withdrawal!

We took Haven up to Huxley on Sunday to stay with Adam's parents for her first overnight with them. We were excited for the chance to get to go to Winter Jam, a Christian concert at Vets. We had such a great time at the concert and it was fun to spend time with good friends!

Well, we woke up Monday morning to a blizzard and Adam really didn't think it would be safe for me to go get Haven since travel was not advised on the highways and the interstate was even closed 20 miles from where we live. I was somewhat surprised that tears came to my eyes when I realized that I wouldn't get to see her for the day! The weather only got worse, and now it is Tuesday morning and I still don't have my baby! I am planning to head up to get her as soon as I get a call from Adam's dad who is checking out the roads.

Anyway, although I know Haven is safe and probably having a ball with her grandparents, it just shows me how much I love her and how blessed we are to have our little Haven! I do enjoy moments away from her when I get to spend quality time with Adam or with other friends, but I really feel incomplete without her! Even when we go on dates alone, I have panicky moments when I look around to see where Haven ran off to only to realize she is not with us. Part of my sadness in being away from her for so long, I'm sure, is due to the fact that I am home with her every day, all day....but I think part of it is just the fact that I feel so blessed to have been entrusted by the Lord to be Haven's mommy and that I truly feel that she a blessing from the Lord! It makes me realize that I DO find joy in our everyday monotonous routines at home and that I wouldn't have it any other way!

"Children are a gift from the lord; they are a reward from him." Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment