Monday, October 10, 2011

Pumpkins for my Punks

I think nicknames are funny.  It honestly bothers me when people have weird nicknames for their children.  BUT, I am so right there with all the weirdo parents and call my kids obnoxious things as well! 
You just can't help it! 
I call Haven "Punks" a lot. 
Here is the evolution of this nickname:

Haven was born in the fall and thus earned the name "My Little Pumpkin"
Later shortened to Punkin
Then I randomly started calling her Punky Brewster
Then Punky
Then Punks or Punk

Poor Girl.

Anyway.  This last week we learned about Pumpkins and the Letter "P."  I personally LOVE pumpkin everything.  Probably partially to do with my obsession with Cinderella as a child (and maybe as a 29-year-old).  I also just think pumpkins are cute and fun and i LOVE LOVE LOVE pumpkin anything to eat!  So, this week was super fun for Mommy and I am pretty sure "My Little Pumpkin" had a great time!

Preschool Week #3
10/3/11-10/7/11
Theme:  Pumpkins
Letter:  P
Bible Verse:
"Praise the Lord!  For it is good to sing praises to our God."  Psalms 147:1





 Roman loves preschool too!

 Haven learned how to cut this week.  She LOVES cutting!




Powerpoint that I found online

One highlight of the week was reading "The Pumpkin Patch Parable" by Liz Curtis Higgs.  It presents the gospel in a really unique way that kids can understand.  We read this book many times and did some activities to go with it!


Haven is doing a great job in school!
We planned to go to the pumpkin patch with Daddy on Saturday but we were too tired and went out for breakfast at IHOP instead.  We will make it in the next few weeks.  We also made pumpkin cookies but I, of course, didn't get any pictures.  I think we will be making pumpkin goodies every week for a while! 

1 comment: