Thursday, July 14, 2011

June Happenings

June was a delightful month full of celebration, many firsts for Roman, lots of outside fun time, and more family time than normal.  I approve!  :)


Roman is growing and changing every day!

Sisterly/Brotherly Love

Haha


The next pictures break my heart and make me want to laugh all at the same time! 





One big highlight of the month was that my "Mother B's" (dumb college nickname that I won't explain) came to meet Roman, celebrate his birth, and shower me with gifts and good times!  The five of us have been through soooo much together!  We have gone from being 19 year-old crazy college girls to all being married and four of the five of us due to have kid #2 this year!  All of our friendships have been through ups and downs due to distance, life changes, etc. but we have continued to be a constant in each other's lives.  I am truly thankful for each one of these girls and the impact that they have had on my life!  I am sad that Sarah (who lives in Spain) couldn't be here!  It wasn't the same without her!  Thank you so much for a wonderful weekend!  Love you girls!

Chrystan & Cohen (& baby boy due in September)
Laura (& baby girl due in October).  She is holding Haven & her 1 year old daughter Hannah was napping.
Jill & Katelyn
Me & Roman
Missing:  Sarah and Talia (& baby girl due in September)

They took me out for Sushi!  WE ATE SOOOO MUCH!  :)


Another highlight was that the daughter #2 was born to Adam's cousin Mitch who is married to my childhood best friend, Stephanie.  Haha.  Figure that one out.

Elliette (Ellie) Michelle Lee

Elliette and Haven....not sure what my daughter is doing here



Pajama Time!

Haven and her friend, Lauren, at the Zoo

Roman is learning to read!

He is very smart!

Roman is handsome!

And started smiling this month!  :)

Still handsome

and more handsome


Des Moines Arts Festival
I just love the arts festival.  I love all the people (I have always loved large crowds...although Adam could do without), music, food, and, of course, ART!  We had such a great time!  Haven loved doing all of the little crafts they had in the kids area.  She also thoroughly enjoyed running around the sculpture park, rolling down the hills, and learning how to do a somersault!  She has such a zeal for life!   



"I did a FLIP!"

My lovely little family!


June was also full of walks!


One of the 16 combinations that my stroller can have.  I love my stroller! 




Roman is beginning to enjoy looking at and playing with toys!  Haven always makes sure that he has a companion to play with.   Today it was Cinderella.



Roman wears his first baseball cap (of many I'm sure!)


This picture just cracks me up.  haha



Haven loves her babies!

And her mommy!

Roman loves life!


Happy Father's Day to ME, I mean Adam.  Haha.  Everyone wins with this gift! :)

Father's day was a GREAT day!  We headed to church and then up to Adam's grandma's for lunch.  We then spent the evening at my parent's house.  I am thankful for all of the dad's in my life!  Most importantly, I am thankful for my husband!
Adam has given me the best gifts anyone could ever ask for...his unconditional love and two beautiful children!  He has led our family and been devoted to the Lord.  He works endlessly to provide for his family, serve the Lord, and serve others.  He has a gentle spirit but knows how to keep me grounded.  He has been a champ through all of my emotional ups and downs during pregnancy and mothering.  He has stuck by my side and encouraged me in all areas of my life.  I am so thankful that the Lord brought him into my life and I am honored to be his wife!

More to come from June:  Princess Dance Camp (oooh!) & Roman's 7 week pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment